Pancake Day Race
February 12, 2013
Race begins at 11:30 a.m.
Contestents must be at 4th and Lincoln by 11:15 a.m.
Entry Form: Microsoft
Word | Adobe
Send Form To: Tourist Information Center, 1 Yellow Brick Road,
Liberal, KS 67901
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. February 11, 2013
1. Open to women 50 years of age or over.
2. All entrants must wear usual housewives
attire (sweats, jeans, athletic attire worn under a skirt) and
an apron and head scarf, and carry a skillet. A pancake will be
furnished by the race committee.
3. All runners must flip their pancake two times,
the first flip to be made immediately after the starting signal,
and the second flip after the contestant crosses the finish line,
to show she still has the pancake in the skillet. If the pancake
is dropped at any time, the contestant may pick it up and place
it back in the skillet and continue the race. Any assistance from
spectators, or any other persons, will automatically disqualify
4. The distance of the race will be 75 yards.
5. The Last Chance Pancake Race will be run the morning
of February 12, 2013, at 11:30 a.m.
6. All entrants agree to attend the SHRIVING SERVICE
immediately following the INTERNATIONAL PANCAKE RACE.
7. Each contestant must be at 4th and Lincoln (west
side of First National Drive-In Bank)
at 11:15 a.m., February 12, 2013.
8. Each entrant must sign the following agreement
on the entry form:
“I hereby agree to conform to and comply with
the rules governing this contest of International Pancake Race,
Liberal, Kansas, and I further agree to hold blameless the International
Pancake Race of Liberal, Kansas, Inc., Race Committee, and others
connected with this contest, for any loss or injury to myself
or property in which I may become involved by reason of participation
in this contest.”